Thursday, December 14, 2006

Good Times

I hereby declare our SnB party a success!



No one was poisoned and there were no slip and falls. What more could you ask for? Seriously though, it was a lot of fun. That is not to say there weren't a few bumps along the way. Like the fact that I misread (or um, didn't read) the crescent roll packaging for the chicken croissants so that they were NOW! 50%! BIGGER! Or, how the S&S frozen pre-made "Enjoy Now" hors d'oeuvres were nasty! Or, how I forgot to get the centerpiece for the table. Then there were the beverages ... Coffee? Oops, forgot to make it. Wine? Sure, go ahead! Oh, you mean you can't open it either? Note that we did manage to get the wine open but never got around to makin' the coffee, that tells you a little about our priorities. I also forgot to get out the camera until after we had eaten. The table was no longer "pretty," not that it was so hot with that gaping hole of a missing centerpiece!



So no nice food shots for BeFri! And, when I did get out the camera, the majority of my pictures were like this ...



That's not to say all of them came out as "butt shots" (Hi KAN!) but the majority were action shots. And by that I mean, "Wow! Where is every one's heads? And, why is this so blurry?" I am blaming this on the pain killers. There is no other excuse. My camera has auto everything. I can not be that innately inept!

There were a few good ones like Baby Girl gettin' some lovin' or TWG directing air traffic with her new light up knitting needles.



Yes, the needle shot was suppose to be dark. No pain killer gnome there. That was to help you see how unbelievably bright those needle light up! The light up needles were part of a Yankee Swap gift bag that included needle felting. The swap gifts were all good ... linen yarn, Noro Silk ribbon, Lorna Laces, just to name a few. My personal favorite was Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. I was lucky that I got to keep it. A few gifts were stolen. Oddly enough, they seemed to always be snatched from the same victim; I think she lost her gifts twice?!?

Gift one:



Gift two:



Gift three:



When all was said and done, it was a nice time. That is until everyone left and I was faced with the prospect of handwashing all of the dishes because china = handwashing. DAMN YOU LENOX! Once Boo got home he helped me out (just like he did when he helped with the cleaning, and by helped I mean he did it all while I was passed out lounged on the couch in a stupor). But, as expected, as I was turning off the lights and crawling up to bed, I found that one thing ...



You know it's been a good time when you find a used wine glass tucked away in the decor. Especially if there is a good chance that it was your wine glass to begin with!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The party was awesome-mucho thanks!
I think the hidden wine glass was mine--oops!
-E

MollyKnits said...

we had our second SnB Christmas party Thursday. It was a HUGE hit.

Isn't SnB the most fun ever? :)

handknitbyafailedfeminist said...

Thanks for feeling my pain, at least now I have photos of the gifts that got nabbed.