Tuesday, July 22, 2008

So Smaht

I figured out my problem with the Bee Fields Shawl. I had been told to SM when there was no M to S. I was sure I had messed up somewhere and just not caught it but for the life of me I could not figure it out. Finally I just decided to place a marker there and move on. And yah know what, it worked out swimmingly. I had not, in fact, messed up the previous row in some undetectable way. There were just a bunch of marker movings going on. I'm not sure if this is a typo in the pattern or if it just standard language when you are starting a new increase of pattern repeats that people use SM and not PM. Maybe it is just me being a novice lace knitter and I no understand words. Charts scary. Whatever the reason, I am cruisin' now. Well, as much as one can cruise on such things.

No comments: