Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Voila!

My socks, yo!



They are done!

I am lovin them except for one minor detail. Is it just me (no of course not, it is never just me), or do my beautiful green socks look a little camouflage-y?



I mean, don't get me wrong, I strongly believe that I have the right to bear arms and hide in the woods and shoot stuff. And, I might have to wear camo to do this. It's just that for me? Ew! I don't have a gun, I don't need a gun, and my feet need not be camouflaged to blend in with foliage while I am all hunting and shizzle.

On second thought, maybe I do need camouflaged feet ... I could end up hunting very short, grass-dwelling, creatures, without shoes. Or, I might be a contestant in a waltz-in-the-yard-wearing-no-shoes contest; I'd definitely look like I was gracefully floating. Or, I might end up in a fight with Oscar the Grouch and need to disorient and confuse him with my kung-fu cunning kicks. Ok, so I will never need camouflaged socks, but still, I like them!



Yarn: Koigu, KPPM (dye code P331 dye lot 17), 2 skeins
Needles: Addis size 2/3
Pattern: Toe-up on 2 Circs, from my Gazillion Dollar Sock Class, with a 4/4 K/P ribbing for the leg that I don't like too much.
Time: 8 days
Care: Hand wash, dry flat