Sunday, October 15, 2006

Poopless in CT

Look!



Pictures! Woo-hoo! Actually Cat looks a bit annoyed, and the total opposite of "Woo-hoo!" at being my first picture ... oh well! Boo tried to get our old camera fixed, but it cost only slightly less than a new one so he bought us a new one. Yeah! How sweet is that? Especially in light of the fact that we totally can't afford it because it is one thousand dollars later we STILL have plumbing issues! All I want is to be able to poop at home. Really. In the name of cookies, cake, and all that is holy, is that TOO much to ask? I think not.

It turns out that I left my blue scarf at home when I went to SnB ... oops! I ended up having to finish my scarf when I got home. Which I did.



Yes, even pumpkins need scarves! I think I am going to need to block the scarf because some of the wavy bits keep scrunching up despite all of my yanking (and boy have I yanked on it). I also think that the scarf could have been a bit longer, but I ran out of the mohair. I did not run out of The Mess yarn. In fact, I have almost half left I think.



It can chill in the stash until I feel inspired. So, since I had no scarf for SnB, I was forced to work on Scratchy McSock. The color has started to grow on me. And I actually like it a lot now. It does have some peach - not keen on the peach - but I am getting past that.



As you can see, I have trudged forward, while asking the powers that be to PLEASE speed up the delivery of the new, shorter, less likely to piss me off, needles. Thus far my prayers have gone unanswered.

And, how neat is my sock displayer? I had a pair of the most awesome hanging vases that I got from Pottery Barn several years ago. One of the glass bits broke in the move to this house (yah, it took me two years to unpack and notice this ... shut it!) and I have surfed the net time looking for a replacement glass (Pottery Barn doesn't carry it ... dummies) with no luck. I have given up on finding a replacement and was waiting for garbage day to toss this out when I realized it is a great sock displayer ... well maybe not great, but useful, useful enough that I have an excuse on why I still haven't tossed it yet. Heh.

I did get annoyed with the needles and start a new pair of socks. Wait! Relax! I finished my scarf so I only have two UFOs going. No need to panic. At least, that is what I am telling myself.



This second sock, I am loving it. I love the yarn, I love the color, I love the needles. But, I am not going to neglect my Scratchy. That wouldn't be right!



Yarn: Blue Heron Yarns Rayon/Metallic (colour: Deep Blue Sea) & Feza Kid Mohair (color 205)
Needles: Addi circulars size 5.
Pattern: Seafoam Stitch
Time: One and one half months.
Care: Hand wash with natural soap, dry flat.

No comments: