Friday, September 08, 2006

Smile!

We bought a new camera! Yeah!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is not totally Spendy's fault. We actually needed a new camera (well as much as anyone needs a camera). Our old camera was lovely and gave us a lot of good picture, but she was dying on us. She wouldn't hold her charge; she ate new batteries like ... um, I can't think of a good analogy ... all I can think of is "like a fat kid likes cake" except that is not what I am going for. Crap. Anyway, she was only good for a dozen pictures a pop. Not terrible but inconvenient. She also had a flash issue in that it took about fifteen seconds to recharge the flash between pictures. Fifteen seconds doesn't seem like that long until you want to take a picture and you have to wait. In any event, the old gal has been sent to pasture (i.e., I am keeping her charging in my vanity so that if something cute happens in my bedroom I have a camera RIGHT THERE ... Not that kind of cute you sicko - cute with the animals. Inevitably they do something uber cute but I don't have a camera there so I can never capture it. Like this morning. Some how both Baby Girl and Cat were sleeping belly-up, under the covers with only their heads and front paws sticking out, right next to each other. They were like a little married couple. It was too cute but you'll never know the reality of that cuteness because I had no camera.)

So anyway, I charged the new baby and had her loaded for bear ... but I had nothing to photograph. So I took pictures of the old camera:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And then, I ended up taking a picture of The Mess ...



It was sitting on the mess of my desk - so messes all around. WooHoo! I gave The Mess to JJ, a friend at work, to work on. She has unknotted me in the past. At lunch time she had almost HALF unknotted. Did you hear me?? HALF?!? Can you believe it? I did bribe her with breakfast. But still - half! Christ Baby Jesus! I can't get a tenth of that much unknotted in quadruple the time.

Color me impressed!** In any event, she (unknowingly) has become the first person to put in a 'request' saying that she really liked The Mess (well the part not messed) and that she wouldn't mind one. I must be a real knitter now!

**How cool was that color change huh? I am becoming an HTML wizard. NOT! But I can block and copy the shit out of stuff!