Sunday, December 31, 2006

Finally, vol. ii

Fare-f&^%$-well 2006!

2006. The year of endurance, no matter how much it sucks, it can get worse.

Ought-six has been my worst year ever. It seems like all years ending in six get a perverse pleasure in seeing how far they can push before I stumble in to catatonia. But this year, it was by far the worst. I'm not going to recount all of the bad stuff, but I am going to share a few thoughts.

  • Great husbands and good friends can get you through anything.
  • Justin Timberlake's FutureSexLoveSounds was the best album this year.
  • I love my husband.
  • I'm going to get shit for not listing that last one first.
  • Peanut butter and chocolate can cure a lot of woes.
  • No matter how private your yard, wearing a shirt outside is ALWAYS advisable.
  • Silk yarn smells like turds when it is wet, but the feel of it makes the turd smell acceptable.
  • Never wear anything made from silk yarn in the rain, snow, or any other extremely humid environment.
  • I love my cat.
  • Scissors + yarn = BAD
  • Losing at the who-gives-a-crap-bowl against Nevada would have been an embarrassing and disappointing way to end a football season. Whew Chavez Grant!
  • I love my dog.
  • Calling a face lift "eye surgery" fools no one.
  • Canadian ATM's are vicious.
  • Beware! Dog treat cookies can look exactly like people cookies.
  • If you have me detained, I will still hate you ten years later.
  • Even though it doesn't snow in October, November, or December, it can still snow the following April.
  • Sports teams' mascots can teach you a lot about ornithology.
  • No matter how bad a knot, someone, somewhere can get the knot unknotted.
  • I may be immune to e.coli.
  • Famous or semi-famous people fly out of and into Bradley International Airport around Thanksgiving.


  • See ya oh-six. Welcome oh-seven. Love you. Please be nice.

    No comments: