Thursday, December 28, 2006

Unseemly

Last night I met with my ladies for some knitting. I brought a pair of socks to work on and was be-bopping along when I noted KAT was SEAMING UP HER SWEATER! You may recall that I too have a sweater that requires some seaming. I was totally envious of her seaming as these random bits formed a sweater right before my very eyes. She was like a magician working some magic. In three hours, with much talking and coffee drinking she had seamed up everything but the bottom of the sleeves. Me = jealous. Self, I said, you need to get your ass home and seam up your sweater. No excuses. So, I got home at 10:03 pm, and at 10:17 pm, I started the seaming process. Now I had already seamed up the shoulders weeks ago, I just had to do the sides and the arm holes/sleeves. Oh, and I had to bind of the stitches I picked up for the collar and seam that together too. I should be able to do this in a couple of hours right? WRONG!

I decided to start with the neck; I bound it off and seamed it up. It wasn't pretty, but it wasn't awful. I decided it was good enough. Hopefully no one is going to get that close or concentrate on my rack to the point that he or she notice. Besides, if someone is going to stare at the girls, then stare at the girls, don't be looking at my seaming! So, onto the sleeves. I figured setting in the sleeves and seaming them in would be easier if I didn't have the sides seamed. Wrong again. After mucking around with the damn thing until well after one in the morning, I determined that the sides needed to be seamed before I could play with the sleeves. I now have two shoulders seamed up (from a month ago), one neck bound off and seamed, one side seamed and one sleeve tacked in at the top of the shoulder and the armpit. I also have contempt and disgust for this sweater.

I have a lot of playing around to do to make the sleeves fit in. I adjusted the pattern to make it fit the girls and my lunch lady arms, and in doing so I seemed (how pun-y) to have totally screwed myself. Individually the pieces all fit and appear like they would make a very nice sweater. In actuality, bleck. If I ever manage to make all the pieces fit together, I will wear the sweater. Oh yes, I will wear it. Not because it will look nice or even slightly presentable, but because I refuse to have wasted that much of my money and my time on a glorified dishrag.

And, in other construction news, I still have not gotten the puzzle ring together! At one point I thought I was right there ...



But I wasn't. I had to take it apart and start all over. I'm sensing a theme here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess what, liberals *&^%!&%( you too!!!!

=Tamar said...

Last time I did a puzzle ring, the method was to start by finding one ring that when held, will let the rest dangle together with only one at the very bottom. Move that one up to be next to the top one. Then work the others in...