Friday, May 04, 2007

AC/DC

I've been alternating between panicked anticipation and lackadaisical procrastination. I received the information for my Sockapalooza Pal a couple of days ago and she seems way laid back. Not picky at all. In fact, she is pretty much open to anything, doesn't have any real preference, though she likes bright colors. For a normal person this is awesome. Total creative freedom. For me, one who is just the tiniest bit neurotic (in the same way that the Titanic was a tiny boat), this causes me to vacillate between frantic web surfing/pattern and yarn researching/review reading and oh, napping. Not that I napped today. Today was a no-nap day. Which means I was burning a swath through the internet.

This is really a fun thing and good stress and I am so looking forward to the whole Sockapalloza experience. I just need to chill. And make a decision or five. I like me some Monkey. But I also like me some Broadripple. Do I try to knit some socks in a yarn that is not wool? What is bright? Neon flouresent? So many choices. My pal is blogless! Which means I can't blogstalk her and her tastes. But blogless is not bad, in fact, it is totally a good thing if she finds my taste to be shitarific.

I'm sure it will all turn out fine. Which is why I am going to work on my Queen Kahuna socks during my flight to Miami. My flight leaves at a sensible 8:00 a.m. (which is totally cool and unusual for me, the girl who traditionally wakes up at 3:00 a.m. to make 6:00 a.m. flights), so I should be cognizant enough to knit. I hope.

No comments: