Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Boo!

Being that it is the season for all things spooky and scary, I wanted to scare you all. I thought about telling you that I had started another sweater, ha! Or showing you spooky pictures of Dogbert all dressed up in her Halloween costume, but then I decide on something totally different. I thought it was time to come out. I've come out to all of my "real life" friends, and now I'm coming out to you ...





Ha! You thought I was going to renounce my heterosexuality, turn in my NRA membership, start taking T, develop a deeper voice and a fondness for square dancing? Nope, nothing quite so ... I was going to say, "nothing quite so drastic," but hello? There is a person GROWING INSIDE of me. Pretty fucking drastic. Also pretty fucking fantastic. Next month when I am posting every single day, I'm sure I will run out of interesting things to share with you and end up regaling you with tales of my neurosis over this whole pregnancy/baby thing, but for now I'll tell you that we are:

1) having a baby;
2) said baby appears to be human (though the ultrasound makes that seem questionable as the baby looks like a cross between Skeletor and Beavis.);
3) said baby is GROWING INSIDE OF ME; and,
4) said baby is due on April 5, 2008, but because I suck at remembering important things I have decided that its birth will be occurring on April 6, 2008. This is really for the baby's sake as I'm much more likely to remember 4/6/8 (who do we appreciate?) as a birthday then 4/5/8. 4/5/8 is forgettable and I know any kid with 23 of my chromosomes is so going to want presents on its birthday and for that to happen, I need to be able to remember the birthday.

4 comments:

The Woolgatherer said...

Yippee! I am so happy for you!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news to share! BTW, the Snoop Dogg costume was very clever and the pictures are hilarious. I hope Baby Girl forgave you after her day at the spa.

Kaylea said...

Congratulations to you both!

handknitbyafailedfeminist said...

That's one great looking fetus! I thought my ultrasound opics looked like Munch's The Scream. When all the premom anxiety gets to you, put up your feet and eat some chocolate. It doesn't help the feeling, but it tastes good.