Sunday, November 04, 2007

NaBloPoMo, iv

I am back from Miami, with a little more life experience than I had when I left. And, surprisingly, that extra life experience didn't come from my conversation with Janet Reno (with whom I schmoozed like I was some big shot or something) or from suffering through one of the worst quaterbacked games in the history of football. No, it came from a conversation I overheard in the ladies room at the Orange Bowl.

I was behind two women as I walked into the restroom and from the snippets of conversation I caught, I learned that they were mother/daughter and that they were talking about a boy the daughter had brought home for her mom to meet. As we each entered the stalls and started to do what one does when one is in a bathroom, the mom said, "I have to tell you, I have exceptional gaydar and that boy is not not sleeping with you because he cares about you and wants to make it special."

1 comment:

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Janet Reno, I'm impressed! Great chance to hobnob. Leaving aside the propriety of the conversation -I would trust the mother's instincts on that one.