Tuesday, November 06, 2007

NaBloPoMo, vi

Sometime between yesterday afternoon and this morning, I contracted the plague. Surprising since I just got over the plague from last month. I guess my immune system really is busy working on other stuff. I knew I was sick when I decided that my dinner could consist of three of the gawdawful banana Reese's things that had been left on the end table next to the couch for some unsuspecting fool. So in the end, I spent last night with kleenex jammed up my nostrils and cough drops chilling in the back of my throat. I sat there for hours thinking of sleep instead of actually sleeping. It was truly lovely. Lovely like being stretched on the rack or poked in the eye with a stick.

Speaking of sticks ... or not, my husband was able to remove the carpet and the tack strips from the guest room floor. Now we have a slightly holey, slightly dirty, hardwood floor. Should the planets realign and my head drain, I hope to get the room done by Thursday so I can do some more work on my sweater. If not, well, there still are those three banana Reese's cups.

1 comment:

Brena said...

Banana Reese's? I didn't know such a thing existed. That could be either really bad or really tasty.