Sunday, November 25, 2007

NaBloPoMo, xxv

My husband is flying to Dublin and is staying at one of the nicest hotels in the city. He is doing this all for free since he is going to "work." Taking into account his free accommodations and the fact that he will be gone for my birthday, we've talked about me going with him. Unfortunately the plane fares have been ridiculous and we can't really justify this expense with a bunch of unpaid leave looming in the horizon. That doesn't mean we haven't tried. Boy have we ever ...

Top Ten Reasons Why It Is Totally Cool To Spend $2700 On A Plane Ticket:

10. My awesome negotiation skills could help finalize the IRA disarmament talks and put an end to The Troubles.
9. It's a good reason to explain why The Bean doesn't have a college fund.
8. To research, write, star in, and direct a movie about Veronica Guerin ... oh wait, that was done already.
7. Getting a head start on ideas for a St. Patrick's Day party.
6. I could finish knitting my sweater on the long ass flight.
5. My presence on an international flight will help reaffirm people's faith in the security of the airline industry.
4. I'm a drunk and the beer is just better there.
3. In my husband's absence the animals will bond with me more causing a potentially deadly shift in household domesticity.
2. Spending that much money will stimulate the economy.
1. Fuck it, it's just money.

3 comments:

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

The beer IS better there! I also think it's a great plan to finish the sweater!

Anonymous said...

It is just money!

Anonymous said...

3. In my husband's absence the animals will bond with me more causing a potentially deadly shift in household domesticity.

That is a good reason!

And the beer IS better there I've heard, and I would personally like a representative to go test that fact and report back to us. It's a public service.