Monday, November 26, 2007

NaBloPoMo, xxvi

I was (indirectly) reminded that I have the power to see what searches bring random people to my blog and so I looked them up and saw this one ...

Is Derek Jeter a Republican?

I don't know why, but that cracks me up. It also sent me on a search to find out the answer. I did not find it per se, but I did learn that DJ supposedly has herpes and has passed them on and that he may be a tax dodger. The whole VD promiscuity thing leads you to think "amoral slutty democrat." But then you have the whole makes-a-lot-of-money-and-doesn't-want-to-pay-taxes thing which smells of "rich tax-cutting republican." Oh Derek, you are such an enigma!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that's hilarious.

See, that's what I keep trying to tell people - no one can really be neatly put into one group. You want everything to be fair for everyone and taxes to be sky high so that no one lives in poverty regardless of their personal life decisions? Okay, well, as soon as you start making more than 30,000 a year, you get back to me and let me know how you feel about that idea then. :) And likewise, to a richie I'd say, okay, so you don't feel like you should have to pay for everyone else's livelihoods, that everyone's had the same chances and choices you have had (yeah right) and that it's not your fault that some people are just stupid? Okay, well, when the stock market takes a dive and your housing market bubbles pop and you lose your job to downsizing, you get back to me on that idea too.