Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Me Cook Pretty One Day

I'm continuing to make the best of my alone time ... by cooking. I know. It's not really the same as crack and hookers, but for a pregnant married lady, cooking can be pretty daring. Two nights ago, I roasted some of these with garlic and onions:



To make a perfect dinner like this:



Also known as the dinner in which my husband would only eat the meat. Sweet potatoes? Rutabega? Brussel sprouts? Roasted garlic and caramelized onions? He'd rather lick dirt, thankyouverymuch. Interestingly, I heard a radio news report that suggested women eat things like brussel sprouts and broccoli when they are pregnant as it supposedly ups the chance of the child liking them. If there is any truth to this, then this baby is going to be a veggie lover.

Last night I made some curried chicken salad to put on top of a regular salad:



Curry being another no-no on the husband's food list. The random placement of the dried cranberries was most unfortunate. The entire meal reminded me of one of those optical illusion pictures. Sometimes I saw curried chicken salad, sometimes I saw curried chicken eye balls with a tomato smile, and other times I saw curried chicken boobs with cranberry nipples. Like I said, unfortunate cranberry placement. As the pregnant married lady, it was very odd eating nipples.

I've also been knitting while cooking, and I made some progress on the Monkey/PT socks.



Still loving the yarn. Still having impure thoughts about things I could do with the yarn (though the cranberry nipples might have inadvertently contributed to such thoughts). I am liking the modified Monkey pattern going on. It almost is cabley. I think the contrasting toe color is a bit long, but not so long as to require me to take a trip to the frog pond.

1 comment:

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

It's nice to have pics back. Your socks remind me of Pippi Longstocking - they will be very fun and colorful!