Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Recovery

Hope y'all are recovering from Christmas (or from the extra time off, if you just, you know, celebrate not working) and getting back to work this morning didn't kill ya. Wait, what? You have today off too? Assholes! Obviously, I do not. And let me tell you, it sucks. As an aside, let me share with you my belief, a belief that I think you will take and adopt as your own ... People should have the day after a holiday off (so that they have time to recuperate from all the fun in which they partook when they were off), instead of the day before the holiday. People like the day before the holiday off so they can prepare. But! They had tons of time to prepare for the holiday, it didn't sneak up out of nowhere. It makes more sense to enjoy the day after in peaceful revelry and to give your mind (and maybe body if need be) recovery time. Think about it. It works for a lot of holidays ... Christmas, New Year's, Fourth of July, Memorial Day, etc. This is my belief, so sayeth The Jenna.

Anywho, me, working today. Not only am I missing AMAZING BARGAINS ... RIGHT NOW! it was hard, damn hard, to wake up this morning. It could be because I stayed up late playing blackjack. Blackjack fueled by 'nog where Boo, BiL5 and I all took turns being the dealer and yet I was the only one who ended up broke. Had we been playing for real money, I would have lost $950. It didn't help that the blackjack was a failed attempt to cheer me up after getting my ass kicked (twice) at Don't Quote Me (preferably said like the guy that says, "Don't tase me bro!" and said repeatedly until someone says, "Say that one more time and I swear on the New York Yankees, Miami Hurricanes and anything else you hold holy that I will tase you into silence bro" and pulls out a Tasemaster 2000) and Rummy 500. It seems my game juju of late has been, well, nonexistent. Which is okay, because it is not whether you win or lose, it is how you play the game. Blah blah blah. Though, to be honest, I might have cheated at Rummy 500 there at the end. But my cheating was also a dismal failure, so it shouldn't count.

Other than the bad game juju, Christmas was wonderful. Good fun, good times, good people, good gifts, and good food. Every year we have Christmas brunch. We have a routine and a game plan. This year, however, we decided to mix it up a little. We deep-sixed the china and nice linen and lox. Yes, the lox was left out intentionally; the cheesy grits and the blueberry french toast, left out not so intentionally. Whoops!

Even with the omissions, we were all well fed and I still managed to do all right with my bagel abd lox, cream cheese, tomato and onion ... hold the lox.



There was also some finishing going on over here at Chez SPR! I finished Branching Out! Once BiL5 vacates our guestroom and quits sleeping on my 'blocking board,' I'll have Branching Out blocked and ready for a proper photo shoot. In the meantime, here's a little taste ...

No comments: