Monday, January 07, 2008

Dichotomy

I'm a knitter! I have two finished knitting projects! Huh, wait, what? You don't believe me. Is it because I haven't blogged about them yet? Yah, that would be because they need to be photographed. My husband really likes one and said the other is a total dud. That might be why I've slacked on the pictures.

* * * * * * * * * *

During the first week of January, that is from January 1 to January 7, my local weather low was -3F, that is negative three degrees Fahrenheit. My local weather high was 52F. What the hell schizoid weather?

* * * * * * * * * *

Apparently I am very pregnant ... Yesterday, for the first time ever, a random person noted my pregnantness. Someone in the gym locker room reeked of cigarette smoke and Random Stranger 1 looked at my belly, smiled, and said "Obviously you aren't the one smoking." To which I replied, "Yah, I traded in my pack of Marlboros for my vat of Smirnoff." Actually I didn't say that, I just smiled and thought how odd. See, when you are a woman of a certain size, people just assume you are getting fatter not growing another human being so they don't say anything at all ... unless you are particularly unlucky. About an hour and a half after Random Stranger 1 commented on the belly, I encountered Random Stranger 2. I was with my personal trainer and she noted to a very skinny woman sporting a beach ball belly, "Look! You both are pregnant." To which Asshat, I mean Random Stranger 2 said, after looking me up and down, "Oh? Really?" To which I replied, "Are you always so rude, inconsiderate and mean?" Actually, I didn't say that either. I just looked at her and smiled and said "Yah, really [bitch]."

No comments: