Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Blah Blah Blah

We bought (another) new camera last night and though it is suppose to be the exact same thing as our old one, only newer, it's not. It has annoying habits, like you have to reset the time/date stamp every time you take the battery out to charge it, and feels cheaper, though it was cheaper so I guess it is just being true to itself. In any event, it does take pretty decent pictures. Though the color of my pictures is a little off, but that is probably due to the brown paneling of my office and the pisspoor lighting. There is only so much one can expect from a camera. In any event, we have a functioning camera which is why I am blogging in the first place ... pictures! Of my new sock! Woot! Woot!



I've gotten to "that" point on Clapotis. That point where your project is a little too unwieldy to trot around town for 'just in case' knitting. That point where if you try to knit it while hooked up to NST baby monitors you might accidentally catch a probe thing and send the machine into chaotic holy-crap-this-child-is-exploding-or-something beeps. Not a good scene. Not that I would know. I'm just saying, Clapotis, not for travel. Which is where Socky McSockerman comes in. The yarn is Madelinetosh and the color is Sweet Peas. It seems very Springy and since Spring is here (oh Winter how I miss you!), I figured what the hell. Also, it was already balled up and within reach when I was looking for something small to start and throw in my purse. One could say I picked this as my next project out of sheer laziness.



One could also say that I made my pattern decision by sheer laziness. It is the ridge feather pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. Only I UNridged the feather by knitting two together instead of purling them together. The book was out and the pattern was simple enough that it was memorized after one glance. I am kind of wishing I had started Widdershins instead. I saw some over here and really kind of like them. It's not like I've gotten so far along that ripping would be bad, so who knows, maybe I'll rip back and start the pattern part over. I just have to make sure the stitch count doesn't land me in that weird part of pooling because I no likely the pooling AT ALL!

No comments: