Friday, March 28, 2008

F is for ...

Finished object! More specifically my finished Clapotis! I've been lax about taking fotographs (yah, yah, photographs ... I claim poetic license) of the finished Clapotis until this afternoon when Dogbert needed to go o-u-t. I mean is there anything more inspiring for a fotoshoot than a dog doing her bidness and cold, rainy, overcast weather?



Yah, as you can see, my first batch of photos didn't exactly capture Clapotis in all of her glory. Hardly any of that French panache that Kate Gilbert was going for. Aside from my own personal cheese, Clapotis was all bunched up AND clashed with my shirt. The pictures were, how you say, fuked. So I decided to give it up for my art and pose sans shirt. Mind you this isn't the first time I have paraded topless in my back yard. Only this time I didn't have an audience other than Dogbert.



I did, however, have a raging case of the giggles. There is something very funny about baring your big ole round pregger belly in the damp cold weather all in the hopes of getting a semi-decent picture of a handknit. Or maybe there isn't. Maybe it was my hormones.

Anywho, I did take several pictures in my skivvies which kinda show off the Clapotis (as well as the fact that I am one pasty white chick).



Since I was having so much fun with my photoshoot, I took one more of Clapotis in all of her glory.



Yarn: Blue Heron Yarns, Rayon Metallic, 2 skeins (550 yards/100 grams each), color Garnet
Needles: Addi Turbo, size 4.5 mm (US 7)
Pattern: Clapotis
Modifications: None.
Time: 44 days.
Care: Hand wash cool, dry flat.

2 comments:

thinggtwoo said...

Hey, it's BEAUTIFUL! Those are Fun pics, too - NOW I have to go read the "other" time you were topless in your backyard! :)

Rebecca said...

Pasty white chicks unite!
Clapotis is awesome! (although not a surprise having seen it in progress).