Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Ha

So Crazy called me at home tonight and for about one millionth of one tenth of one second I missed work. Then she started to speak and the missing work thing evaporated. In any event, the rumor is that the state may not be renewing my firm's contract and so we may all be laid off at the end of the month. Somehow getting laid off while on maternity leave seems like the perfect ending to my current job. There is something poetic and perfect about the whole thing, so poetic and perfect that it will never happen which is I'm not the least bit worried about it. It just ain't happenin. What, am I tempting fate by putting that out there in writing? BRING IT Fates! Lay me off! Force me to stay home with my new kid while collecting unemployment, I dare you!

No comments: