Wednesday, November 25, 2009

NaBloPoMo, 25

Today was the kind of day where I needed to get out of the house. I'm still trying to keep TD away from humans, or rather humans with germs, which means that she is incompatible with going out. Which is why my trip out of the house ended up at the drive-thru Starbucks. 20.5 miles away. Yes, I drove 41 miles for a latte. It was a good latte. But still ... forty-one miles. Wow.

In addition to being crazy-driving-for-a-latte lady, I'm also crazy-buying-a-turkey-and-the-rest-of-the-brouhaha-that-goes-with-a-Thanksgiving-meal lady. Yes, we are doing a real dinner despite the fact that we are dirty, dirty mouse ridden people, who have a new baby, a small kitchen, and no time. I just typo'd moose with mouse, which would be less dirty and more amusing. Though harder to avoid. In any event, I decided to hoop it up, step outside of the box, and am making an Elmo cake for one of our desert items. Basically LB will have something to be thankful for on Thanksgiving. It is baking as we speak. We'll see how it turns out.

No comments: