Thursday, November 26, 2009

NaBloPoMo, 26

Now that LB is gaining some brain cells, I decided that we should start teaching her about Thanksgiving and how it is a day where you think about all the things for which you are thankful. Like mommies that are at your beck and call and daddies who read the horrible fish book over and over and doggies that play with you despite the repeated thunks they receive from the balls that you throw at them. Her brain cells, however, are not quite THAT high functioning. So I decided to dumb down my lesson. To wit:


Elmo Cake! When you are gaga over Elmo, you should be thankful at having a special Elmo cake made just for you for Thanksgiving. Right? I mean NOTHING says Thanksgiving like Elmo cake. Ha! I'm not sure if it was the neon red frosting, or the nightmarish thought of eating her fun furry friend, but whatever it was, she was not interested in eating Elmo. Not in the least. Which is fine, more cake for me! That Elmo is one tasty monster!

No comments: