Saturday, November 07, 2009

NaBloPoMo, 7

A little over a week ago, I sent my husband the following two pictures:


I explained in my e-mail that I had heard someone banging on the front door and when I opened the door, I was greeted by this guy. I made a snarky comment regarding the recruitment of various organized religions, smirked at my own cleverness, and then went on with my day.

This my friends, is called hubris, or maybe karma. Either way, both hubris and karma always, repeat ALWAYS, bite you in the ass. Especially when Mother Nature is involved.

This afternoon I decided to clean out a space in the basement to make room for some tubs o' yarn. Well one thing led to another and I stumbled across this:


That is where the *&^%!#$ squirrel chewed through our house and into my basement. Yes, that's right. Some freaky religious squirrel managed to break through our formidable (NOT) defenses and chill out in our basement! Hell, we even found a friggen half-eaten acorn on the other side of the basement.

Needless to say, we shop vac'ed the crap out of the hole (and by we, I mean my husband, the whole thing made me squirrelly ... ha, ha, boo). Now we are left with:


The only good thing I can say about this mess is that last weekend, when we blindly sealed up the hole from the outside, not knowing what had happened and just trying to patch the random hole we had found, we did not seal the bastard in the basement.

In light of past experiences, I feel comfortable saying that MOTHER NATURE IS A VENGEFUL BITCH.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hahaha, that would have driven Rufus insane.