Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fall Is In The Air

Since it is getting cooler, it seemed like the right time to tackle my first sweater. So, I signed up for a sweater knitting class and I picked out a nice soft yarn in a scrumptious rust color.



It has some acrylic mixed in with the kidmohair, but this is OKAY. This is my very FIRST sweater and I wanted to keep the yarn cost under $200. This is SMART. I mean, if I muck this up, I don't want it to be a $500 learning experience, capiche? And, if I keep saying things like this, maybe I will become more okay with the acrylic portion. I hope.

In any event, one thing that really appealed to me was the idea that I would have a completed sweater by the first week of December. I did not, however, think this through. You see, my sweater, the sweater of someone not a small, or not even an extra large, is going to take way more work than say the mediums and larges that the other people in my class are doing. Thus, when we were told that we would "have a lot of homework and need to work at a good pace" I should have heard "you will do NOTHING but knit your sweater 24/7 for the next two months." After working for an hour in class, two hours to Rhinebeck, and four more hours at home, I have now invested seven hours, and am now precisely ONE THIRD of the way up the FRONT. I need to finish the front up to the arm holes for my next class that is oh, Friday night!

No comments: