Thursday, March 22, 2007

P.S. A. #1064




Today, due to my husband's romanticism, Kay got flowers from Kentucky for their two month anniversary. Well, maybe it wasn't solely due to Boo's romanticism, but his plans for our anniversary got other people to thinking about anniversarys and such which then led to Kay getting some purply prettiness. I believe that since Boo got the creative juices flowing, I, as his proxy, should get half of the flowers. I'm sure, if asked, Boo would agree to allow me to accept the flowers in his stead - purple isn't his color. Apparently, accoring to Kay, this idea sucks. She doesn't want to part with them. Go figure!





In other news, you may have noticed that I'm not really all that charitable but ... A little while back, I complained that my phone wouldn't stop talking. It has this feature where the caller id will say the name or telephone number of the person that is calling you, before the phone rings. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. The manual couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Teenagers couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Google couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Well, after an hour, and five different employees at the phone store messed with it, I now know how to turn off the talking, speaking, annoying as hell caller id. Since I couldn't find this anywhere, I am posting it here in case there is some other poor schmuck like me who wants this to stop, right now. Hopefully Google will lead them here. Just so you know, it's not that I'm nice, it's that this is perhaps most annoying, I-swear-I'm-hearing-voices-good-lord-am-I-channeling-Sybil inducing thing I've ever encountered. So without further ado ...

How to turn off the speaking, voice caller id part of caller id on a Verizon, LG VX 8300 mobile phone:

Settings & Tools
2 - Tools
1 - Voice Commands
Settings (which isn't on the menu but a toggle key on the bottom right; it doesn't matter what you have highlighted when you choose settings)
5 - Call Alert
Ring Only

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to convince her to give you some of the flowers on the phone yesterday...but she wouldn't listen to me.


Yeah, she's not giving those up for anything. :D

A South Park Republican said...

I should have snagged a bloom or two when she wasn't looking!

Anonymous said...

You should distract her for a bit then swipe a couple. Great distraction methods are:

1. Ask her about her chocobo.

2. Buy her lunch (pad thai preferably).

3. Send Crazy in to try to steal her pink bear.