Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'm Shipping Up To Boston

The titled of this post is a nod (actually it isn't so much a nod as plagiarism) to the Dropkick Murphys and their song I'm Shipping Up To Boston which, if you have functioning ears, I'm sure you've heard as it is played everywhere and all the time. I'm going to Boston this weekend for a Girls Weekend v.2, and I keeping singing it to myself when I think about what to pack, where we are going and so forth. Basically it is on endless mental replay which wouldn't be so bad if every friggen sports franchise in Boston hadn't co-opted the song as its own. I liked that song, a whole lot, until this co-opting started. Now, I kinda twitch when I hear it. Since I don't want to be the only twitching person, I'm aiming to make our hostess twitch when she sees the hostess gift I'm bringing. It is even better than re-gifted apples. And by better I mean, not at all good, but hard to reject being that the nice intent is there. Heh, I can't wait to see her face.

Anywho, this weekend, Boston. This weekend, also the start of my "all weekends-all booked" through March. I feel like I have such an exciting life. I don't, but it is nice to pretend. Sometimes I also like to pretend that I am a fairy queen with huge boobs, who can fly and perform magic with her mind, but that is a whole 'nother post for a whole 'nother time.

No comments: