Sunday, January 27, 2008

B is for ...

Blueberry Goodness, or more specifically, Baked Blueberry-Pecan French Toast with Blueberry Syrup.



My aunt and uncle use to vacation in Boothbay Harbor, Maine, for three or four weeks each summer. And each year, my husband and I would crash their vacation for one weekend during which we would gorge ourselves on all things lobster and blueberry ... though not at the same time, I can't think of an instance where lobster and blueberry would work well in the same dish.

Anywho, it was during one of these times that my aunt discovered this recipe for Baked Blueberry-Pecan French Toast with Blueberry Syrup. At the time she almost pooh-poohed the whole thing since you have to make a custard like thing and soak the bread overnight ...



Since she had all the ingredients, however, she decided to go for it. What a fortuitous decision. This shit is good! It serves like, fifty, but somehow the four of us managed to eat the entire dish one morning for breakfast.

When you're making it, the homemade blueberry syrup may seem a bit like overkill, but when those bluberries start popping and melding into the syrup ... oy!



This is the blueberry french toast that I forgot to make for Christmas brunch. I ended up making it for our New Year's breakfast and have had the pictures chilling in the camera for sometime now. Though the pictures languished, the blueberry goodness didn't.

1 comment:

margene said...

Oh my goodness...that looks heavenly!!