Speaking of pictures ... Seems I went a little nutty with the photographing of my Mini-Monkeys. I was on the stairs. It was late. The husband was at a Yankee game. The animals were hiding from me. I got carried away.
These Monkeys were originally intended for my Sockapalooza Pal Sandy as a back up pair in case the first pair I knit didn't fit. The first pair fit (yeah!) and so these became mine (yeah!2). The only down side was that they were a little loose in width. Instead of ripping back (lazy!), I decided to make them shorter thinking that the width could stretch out and compensate for length. It worked. They look funny off my feet, but they fit fine on 'em.
Several people who are probably a lot smarter than me tried to convert the pattern to a toe-up version, but, according to the down-low via Google, it didn't really work. I ended up just doing the pattern as written so they are upside down. S'all good to me. Plus, the yarn kind of mutes the pattern so I don't think people will notice. Gosh I hope not! Is there anything worse than being assaulted on a street corner by someone yelling, "You knit your Monkeys upside down. LOOOOOZZZZEERRRRR!"
Um, hmm. What happened to the colors here? Beats me. Camera = Possessed
Now that I've finished these guys, I am at weird point. I only have one work in progress. A sweater. A very big, lots of knitting left to do, and I have to pick up stitches sweater. But I made a promise to myself that I would finish this sweater before I start something else. So last night I brought (I originally was going with 'I dragged' but then I thought maybe 'I drug' and then I decided for a different word choice because my brain farted, in care you were curious) the green beast to SnB and made some progress. I worked on it a little bit last month and finished the front pocket, so last night I edged the pocket, having picked up stitches, which I did my wrong way and not the right way because I couldn't remember the right way. And then I started working on the body part, having picked up even more stitches, again the wrong way. Despite all of this stitch picking up, for all intents and purposes, I still only have one piece done. There is a rumor runnin' round that Fall is right around the corner, but being that it is suppose to be eighty-nine degrees out today, I'm skeptical. If, however, Fall did arrive, it would be nice to have this sweater ready. Also, it would be nice to have this sweater done so I can delve into fun stuff like cashmere.
Yarn: Artyarns, color (in my bag at home), 2 skeins with lots left over
Needles: Addi Circs, size 2.5 mm (US 1)
Modifications: Added four more stitches to the pattern bit to make 'em bigger. Knit them toe up. Made peds.
Time: 29 days.
Care: Hand wash, dry flat.